rFr

Dodano 4 lipca 2014 przez rysowanie
rFr
  • Opis
  • Mapa
  • Punkty

Kod trasy

44790
Pobierz trasę w aplikacji
Wpisz kod w wyszukiwarce

Informacje

  • Rodzaj aktywności: Bieganie
  • Stopień trudności: Łatwy
  • Gwiazdki:  3.1
  • Dystans: 136 km
  • Data: 21 lipca 2014
  • Lokalizacja:
250375
Gyachripsh (Leselidze)
Date unknown. Possibly active; focal plane 29 m (95 ft); red light, 1.5 s on, 3 s off. 24 m (79 ft) "lantern on white chimney with ladder and platform," according to NGA; the Admiralty describes the light as being on a "white metal pole with external staircase." A photo and a Google satellite view may show the tower; if so, it is an abandoned water tower. Gyachripsh is a resort town just east of the Russian border. The town was renamed Leselidze in 1944 in honor of a Soviet general; it resumed its historic name in 1992. Site status unknown, probably open. Admiralty E5700; NGA 19168.
250376
Gagrinskiy
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 87 m (285 ft); two white flashes every 5 s. 21 m (69 ft) building topped by a square lantern room. A photo is available, and Bing has a satellite view. The building appears to be a resort hotel; Gagra has been a resort town since the 1880s. Located about 25 km (15 mi) east of the Russian border. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E5706; NGA 19172.
250387
Pitsunda (3)
Pitsunda (3)
Date unknown. Active; focal plane about 50 m (164 ft); two white flashes every 10.2 s. Octagonal lantern mounted at the south end of a 15-story building. A photo and a second photo show both Pitsunda lighthouses, and a closeup of the lantern is available (about 3/4 the way down the page). Located on the west side of the historic lighthouse. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E5718; NGA 19192.
254030
Souksu (Bambora, Gudauta)
Date unknown (station established 1886). Probably inactive; focal plane 38 m (125 ft); white flash every 3 s. Lantern mounted atop a 35 m (115 ft) building. No photo available, but Bing's satellite view shows tall buildings at the listed location. This light marks Mys (Cape) Souksu, about 3 km (2 mi) west of Gudauta, near a military airfield. Site status unknown. Admiralty E5721; NGA 19200.
254031
Psyrtskha (Novy Afon)
Date unknown. Probably inactive; focal plane 33 m (108 ft); white light, 4 s on, 2 s off. Light mounted atop a 22 m (72 ft) building. No photo available, but Bing has a satellite view that probably shows the location of the light. Novy Afon (New Athos) is a historic Orthodox monastery, now a branch of the Abkhazian state museum. Located near the Akhali Atoni beach in Psyrtskha, about 22 km (14 mi) west of Sukhumi. Site status unknown, probably open. Admiralty E5724.5; NGA 19206.
254032
Eshera
Date unknown. Probably inactive; focal plane 33 m (108 ft); white light, 2 s on, 4 s off. Light mounted atop a 27 m (89 ft) building. A photo shows a 10-story former sports center that is probably the site of the light, and Bing has a satellite view. Eshera is the site of a principal base for the Russian peacekeeping troops in Abkhazia. Located about 8 km (5 mi) west of Sukhumi. Site status unknown. Admiralty E5725; NGA 19209.
254949
Sukhumi (Mys Sukhumskiy)
* Sukhumi (Mys Sukhumskiy)
1864. Reactivated (inactive 2000-2008); focal plane 37 m (121 ft); white light, 3 s on, 3 s off, 3 s on, 6 s off. 34 m (111 ft) round cast iron tower with lantern and gallery, painted white. The modern light is mounted on the front of the historic lantern. A photo is at the top of this page, a good closeup is available, there's a distant view of the lighthouse on the cape, Huelse has a historic postcard view, and Google has a satellite view. This lighthouse was prefabricated in France by the firm of Ernest Couin. The Russian article says the lighthouse has resumed operation, apparently with a small light mounted in front of the historic lantern. A page posted by the local tourist agency says that the original Fresnel lens was seized by Turkish troops in 1877, during the Russo-Turkish War; a replacement lens was mounted after the war. Located on the point of Mys (Cape) Sukhumi, about 4 km (2.4 mi) southwest of the center of the city. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS GEO-003; Admiralty E5726; NGA 19212.
254950
Sukhumi Passenger Pier (Middle Pier) Range Front (2?)
* Sukhumi Passenger Pier (Middle Pier) Range Front (2?)
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 14 m (46 ft); continuous green light. Post light and a pentagonal daymark mounted on the roof of a 2-story pierhead building. A 2008 photo is available, and Bing has a satellite view. Google has a satellite view of the rear light, a mast at the bend in the pier 120 m (395 ft) north of the front light. The building appears to include a restaurant. Located at the end of the middle pier in downtown Sukhumi. Accessible by walking the pier. Site open and building open. Admiralty E5727; NGA 19214.
254957
Mys Kodori (2?)
Mys Kodori (2?)
Date unknown (station established 1899). Probably inactive; focal plane 23 m (75 ft); red flash every 5 s. Square skeletal tower carrying a rectangular daymark. Daymark painted white with a black vertical stripe. No photo available, and the tower has not been found in Bing's satellite view of the listed location. Located on a headland near Gulripsh, about 20 km (13 mi) southeast of Sukhumi. Site status unknown. Admiralty E5734; NGA 19228.
254962
Anaklia (3?)
Anaklia (3?)
2011. Active; focal plane 47 m (154 ft); flash every 15 s, white, red or green depending on direction. 45 m (148 ft) light mounted atop a seaside hotel building. The State Hydrography Service has a photo, Wikimedia has a photo, Mindia Davitadze has a photo, and Google has a satellite view. The light replaced a 13 m (43 ft) square skeletal tower, believed to be the second light on this site. Located on a low cape a short distance south of the Abkhazian border. Site open. Site manager: Golden Fleece Hotel. Admiralty E5746; NGA 19256.
254963
Kulevi (Redut-Kale) (2)
Kulevi (Redut-Kale) (2)
2007. Active; focal plane about 48 m (157 ft); white light occulting in a 4+1 pattern. 45 m (148 ft) square skeletal tower, painted a reddish brown. Archil Guchmanidze has a view from the sea, but the light is too new to appear in Google's satellite view. Located on the south side of the terminal's entrance. Site status unknown. Admiralty E5747.
254964
Kulevi (Redut-Kale) (1)
Kulevi (Redut-Kale) (1)
Date unknown. Inactive since 2007. 13 m (43 ft) square masonry tower. No photo available, but Google has a satellite view. Kulevi is the site of a new oil terminal, opened in 2007. This lighthouse has been dropped from the NGA list. Located about 1 km (0.6 mi) south of the terminal's entrance and about 12 km (7.5 mi) north of Poti. Site status unknown. ex-NGA 19260
254965
Poti Inner Range Front
* Poti Inner Range Front
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 11 m (36 ft); continuous green light. 15 m (49 ft) square skeletal tower. The tower carries a rectangular daymark, painted orange with a black vertical stripe on the range line. A photo is available, and Google has a satellite view. There's also a historic photo of an older beacon at this location, and Huelse has a postcard view of the older light. Located on the south mole of Poti harbor. Site probably open, tower closed. Admiralty E5749; NGA 19280.
254966
Poti (Inner Range Rear)
**** Poti (Inner Range Rear)
1864. Active; focal plane 36 m (118 ft); two flashes every 7.5 s, first white then red; the tower is also floodlit at night. 37 m (121 ft) round cast iron tower with lantern and gallery, painted with red and white horizontal bands. 2-story keeper's house. A photo is at right, Jano Zhvania has a 2006 photo, a photo showing the keeper's house, a view from the south mole and a twilight view of the lighthouse in action are available, there's a photo taken from the gallery, Huelse has a historic postcard view, and Google has a good satellite view of the light station. A historic photo of the station is also available. Prefabricated in London for the Russian empire by Easton Amos and Sons, this is one of the oldest lighthouses of the eastern Black Sea. The lighthouse was refurbished in 1967 and fully restored in 2011-12; a museum on site was opened in 2012. Ships approach Poti harbor from the north, parallel to the coast, so the lighthouse is located 1930 m (1.2 mi) south southeast of the front light, close to the beach and beside one of the branches of the Rioni River delta. Accessible by road. Site open, museum and tower open although schedule information is not available online. ARLHS GEO-004; Admiralty E5749.1; NGA 19284.
254967
Kobuleti
* Kobuleti
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 37 m (121 ft); green flash every 3 s. Lantern mounted atop a 30 m (98 ft) building. This is the easternmost light of the Black Sea. Kobuleti is a beach resort town in northern Adjara; a photo shows two high-rise buildings adjoining the beach, and the light is probably on the closer one. Bing has a satellite view. Located about 25 km (15 mi) north of Batumi. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E5765; NGA 19320.
254968
Batumi Approach Range Rear
* Batumi Approach Range Rear
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 26 m (85 ft); continuous blue light visible only on the range line. 19 m (62 ft) square cylindrical skeletal tower with gallery, painted white. The seaward side of the tower carries a rectangular slatted daymark, painted black with a white vertical stripe. A photo is available, and Google has a satellite view. Located across the harbor basin from the front light. Site status unknown, but the light is easy to see from nearby. Admiralty E5773.1; NGA 19334.1.
254969
Batumi Approach Range Front
Batumi Approach Range Front
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 22 m (72 ft); continuous blue light visible only on the range line. 19 m (62 ft) post light with gallery, carrying a long daymark painted black with a white vertical stripe. The top of the tower pokes above the trees to the left of the lighthouse in Teigen's photo at right. Google has a satellite view. Located about 150 m (500 ft) east of the Petroleum Harbor lighthouse on the main pier at Batumi. There should be excellent views from anywhere on the waterfront. Admiralty E5773; NGA 19334.
254970
Batumi (Batum) Petroleum Harbor (Range Front)
* Batumi (Batum) Petroleum Harbor (Range Front)
1904. Active; focal plane 13 m (43 ft); continuous white, red or green light, depending on direction. 11 m (36 ft) round cylindrical cast iron tower with lantern and gallery. Lighthouse painted white with two horizontal black bands on the seaward side only. Jeremy Teigen's photo is at right, Gela Vasadze has a photo, another good photo is available, Huelse has a historic postcard view, and Bing has a good satellite view. This appears to be the original lighthouse, a cast iron tourelle of typical French design. The harbor of Batumi has been an important oil terminal since 1883, with oil arriving here by pipeline from Baku, Azerbaijan. The rear light is on a small structure 1.3 km (3/4 mi) to the south. Located at the western end of the main pier at Batumi. The pier is probably not open to the public, but there should be excellent views from anywhere on the waterfront. ARLHS GEO-001; Admiralty E5772; NGA 19328.
254971
Batumi Entrance (Range Front?)
* Batumi Entrance (Range Front?)
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 23 m (75 ft); continuous red light. 20 m (66 ft) square cylindrical skeletal tower, painted white. The seaward side of the tower carries a rectangular slatted daymark, painted black with a white vertical stripe. Bing has a satellite view, and the lighthouse is in the distance at the right of a winter photo by Maxim Lavrov. The rear light is said to be 260 m west on a similar tower, but it cannot be seen in Google satellite images. Located on the west side of the harbor entrance. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E5773.6; NGA 19335.
254972
Batumi (Batum, Mys Burun Tabiya) (3)
* Batumi (Batum, Mys Burun Tabiya) (3)
Date unknown (early 1900s) (station established under Ottoman rule in 1863). Active; focal plane 20 m (66 ft); two red flashes every 6 s. 17 m (56 ft) octagonal masonry tower with lantern and gallery. Lighthouse painted white; lantern dome is dark metallic. Gilad Rom's photo is at the top of this page, another good photo and a 2009 closeup are available, a 2011 photo shows construction near the lighthouse, Wikimedia has a good photo, and Bing has a good satellite view. Russia built a lighthouse here in 1883, replacing a smaller Turkish light. Located on the point of Mys (Cape) Burun Tabiya, which partly shelters the harbor of Batumi, about 1 km (0.6 mi) northwest of the harbor light. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E5768; NGA 19324.
254973
??? Sarp (Hopa-Sarp, Georgia-Turkey Boundary) Range Rear
Note: Adjara is an autonomous republic located at the southwestern corner of Georgia and the southeastern corner of the Black Sea. Always a frontier province, Adjara was conquered by the Ottoman Turkish Empire in 1614 and converted forcibly to Islam. In 1878 Turkey was obliged to cede Adjara to the Russian Empire. After World War I, British troops occupied the territory, but it was united with Georgia in 1920. Under Soviet rule, Adjara was organized as an autonomous republic within the Soviet republic of Georgia. After the collapse of the Soviet central government in 1991, Adjara remained under the control of its Communist dictator and Russian troops occupied the former Soviet base at Batumi. This situation continued until 2003, when the new Georgian government of Mikheil Saakashvili used the threat of armed force to bring down the dictator and reunite Adjara with Georgia. The Russian troops were withdrawn by the end of 2007, and Georgia is moving to develop the province economically. Lighthouses in Adjara are operated by the Batumi Sea Port.
254984
Sarp (Hopa-Sarp, Georgian Boundary) Range Front
Sarp (Hopa-Sarp, Georgian Boundary) Range Front
1980. Active; focal plane 33.5 m (110 ft); white light occulting once every 4 s. 20 m (66 ft) square cylindrical steel skeletal tower, painted black. The seaward side of the pylon carries a 6 m (20 ft) wide slatted daymark, painted white with a red vertical stripe on the range line. Trabas has a photo, another photo is available, and Google has an indistinct satellite view. These range lights were built following an agreement between Turkey and the Soviet Union establishing the boundary between the two countries' 12-mile territorial waters; the range line lies along this sea boundary. The rear light is just on the Georgian side of the border and is listed under Georgia. Sarp is a town on the border. Located just a few feet from the Georgian border near the waterfront. Site status unknown. ARLHS TUR-071; TR-10000; Admiralty E5779; NGA 19344.
254985
Hopa Inner Breakwater
Hopa Inner Breakwater
1973. Active; focal plane 14 m (46 ft); red flash every 3 s. 8.5 m (28 ft) round concrete tower with gallery. Entire lighthouse is white. Trabas has a photo, Mustafa Özcan has a closeup, another photo is available, and Google has a satellite view. Located at the end of the inner (east) breakwater of Hopa, Turkey's easternmost Black Sea port. Site status unknown. TR-10016; Admiralty E5780.6; NGA 19360.
254986
Hopa (Çamh Burnu) (2)
* Hopa (Çamh Burnu) (2)
1980 (station established 1935). Active; focal plane 23 m (75 ft); two white flashes every 15 s. 12 m (39 ft) round cylindrical concrete tower with gallery and four ribs; no lantern. Two 1-story keeper's houses. The lighthouse is white with two narrow black horizontal bands. An older photo is at right. More recently a café has been built next to the lighthouse, as seen a 2009 photo. Trabas also has a photo, and Bing has a satellite view. Located beside the coastal highway, on a headland about 4 km (2.5 mi) northeast of Arhavi and 12 km (7.5 mi) southwest of the town of Hopa. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS TUR-016; TR-10010; Admiralty E5780; NGA 19352.
254987
Pazar Kız Kulesi
Pazar Kız Kulesi
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 16 m (52 ft); white flash every 5 s. 11 m (36 ft) square skeletal tower, painted white, mounted on a ruined round stone watchtower. Trabas has a photo, Osman Nişancı has a photo, and Ahmet Zeki Yavaş has a photo, but Google has only a fuzzy satellite view. Kız Kulesi means Maiden's Tower; there is a famous lighthouse by that name at İstanbul (see Northwestern Anatolia). Located on a rocky reef just off a promontory on the west side of Pazar. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E5781; NGA 19364.
254988
Rize (Piryos Burnu) (2)
Rize (Piryos Burnu) (2)
Date unknown (station established 1884). Active; focal plane 22 m (72 ft); white flash every 5 s. 18 m (59 ft) square pyramidal skeletal tower with gallery; there is a square 1-story concrete equipment room sheltered by the base of the tower. Entire lighthouse painted white. Trabas has a photo, but the tower has not been found in Google's satellite view. Located on a bluff overlooking the harbor of Rize. Site status unknown, but since the tower is close to the coastal road it should be easy to spot. TR-10034; Admiralty E5782; NGA 19368.
255022
Araklı South Breakwater
* Araklı South Breakwater
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 10 m (33 ft); red flash every 5 s. 9 m (30 ft) square pyramidal skeletal tower with gallery and an enclosed lower section. Lighthouse painted white. Trabas has a photo, another photo is available, and Google has a satellite view. Located at the end of the south (inner) breakwater at Araklı. Accessible by walking the pier. Site open, tower closed. TR-10042; Admiralty E5782.95; NGA 19385.5.
255023
Araklı North Breakwater
Araklı North Breakwater
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 10 m (33 ft); green flash every 5 s. 9 m (30 ft) square pyramidal skeletal tower with gallery and an enclosed lower section. Lighthouse painted white. Trabas has a photo, a distant photo is available showing the tower flying the national flag, and Google has a satellite view. Located at the end of the north (outer) breakwater at Araklı. This pier may not be walkable. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E5782.9; NGA 19385.
255024
Araklı (Narlık) Burnu
Araklı (Narlık) Burnu
1969. Active; focal plane 35 m (115 ft); white flash every 5 s. 12 m (39 ft) square pyramidal skeletal tower with gallery; a section in the center of the tower is enclosed. The lighthouse is unpainted gray metallic. A photo is at right, Trabas has a photo, and Google has a satellite view. Located on a prominent cape about 3 km (2 mi) northwest of Araklı. This is just off the coastal highway, but the site status is unknown. Admiralty E5783; NGA 19384.
255025
[Trabzon (Güzelhisar Burnu) (2)]
[Trabzon (Güzelhisar Burnu) (2)]
Date unknown (station established 1863). Active; focal plane 31 m (102 ft); two white flashes every 15 s. 6 m (20 ft) square skeletal tower with a small lantern and gallery, painted white; lantern dome painted red. Trabas has a closeup photo, a view from the sea is available, and Google has an indistinct satellite view. The original lighthouse was a short masonry tower attached to a keeper's house, very similar to the surviving Sinop lighthouse (see photo below). The light stands in front of the historic citadel (güzelhisar) of Trabzond. Located on a promontory a short distance west of Trabzond harbor. Site status unknown. TR-10050; Admiralty E5784; NGA 19388.
255026
Yoroz (Işıklı, Fener) Burnu
* Yoroz (Işıklı, Fener) Burnu
1886. Active; focal plane 25 m (82 ft); white flash every 10 s. 8 m (26 ft) round cylindrical stone tower, rising from the front of a 1-story keeper's house. Lighthouse painted white with one narrow black horizontal band; the house has a red tile roof. Trabas has a photo, a 2008 photo, another photo, and a closeup are available, Ted Sarah also has a small photo, and Google has a satellite view. Located on Yoroz Burnu (Cape Yoroz), a very prominent headland about 13 km (8 mi) northeast of Vakfikevir and about 35 km (22 mi) west of the city of Trabzon. Site status unknown. ARLHS TUR-010; TR-10070; Admiralty E5786; NGA 19408.
255028
trabzon marina
255029
[Eynesil]
* [Eynesil]
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 30 m (98 ft); white flash every 10 s. 7 m (23 ft) square skeletal tower, painted white. Trabas has a photo, another photo shows the lighthouse built within the walls of the historic Eynesil fortress, and Google has a satellite view. Located on a prominent cape about 3 km (2 mi) northeast of the town of Eynesil. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS TUR-069; TR-10085; Admiralty E5787.5; NGA 19412.
255030
Giresun
* Giresun
Date unknown (station established 1863). Active; focal plane 111 m (364 ft); one long white flash every 15 s. 12 m (39 ft) round hourglass-shaped tower, painted white with a narrow black horizontal band. Trabas has a closeup photo, and an indistinct Google satellite view probably shows this location. This light replaced a skeletal tower seen in a Coastal Safety Directorate photo (3/4 the way down the page). Located on a steep hillside overlooking the base of the breakwater of Giresun. Site open, tower closed. TR-10110; Admiralty E5790; NGA 19428.
255035
Arhavi
255036
Arhavi2
255044
hopa2
255047
hopa cargo
255048
hopa inner
255049
Kırazlık x 2
255062
Pazar x2
255067
Ardeşen
255068
Çayeli x2
255069
Limanköy
255086
Sürmene
255087
Yomra x2
255088
Trabzon
255089
TrabzonX
255090
TrabzonA
255091
İskefiye
255092
Vakfikebir x2
255093
Piraziz Burnu (2)
Piraziz Burnu (2)
Date unknown (station established 1975). Active; focal plane 30 m (98 ft); white flash every 10 s. 10 m (33 ft) round hourglass-shaped metal tower, painted white with a narrow black horizontal band. Google has only a fuzzy satellite view of the location. Trabas has a photo, and Google has an indistinct satellite view. Located on a bluff above the harbor of Piraziz, just west of the border between Ordu and Giresun Provinces. Site open, tower closed. TR-10104; Admiralty E5789.4; NGA 19440.
255094
Çam Burnu (Vona-Ordu) (1)
tu są dwie!
Çam Burnu (Vona-Ordu) (1)
1880. Inactive. 6 m (20 ft) round cylindrical masonry tower with lantern and gallery, painted white. A photo is at right, another closeup photo is available, and Google has an indistinct satellite view. Trabas has a photo of the new light (focal plane 39 m (128 ft); white flash every 10 s) that shows the historic lighthouse still standing. Çam Burnu (Pine Point) is a common geographical name in Turkey. Located on a prominent cape 5 km (3 mi) north of Perşembe and 25 km (15 mi) northwest of Ordu. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS TUR-067; TR-10150; Admiralty E5794; NGA 19448.
255095
[Yasun Burnu (2)]
* [Yasun Burnu (2)]
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 11 m (36 ft); three white flashes every 15 s. 7 m (23 ft) round hourglass-shaped white tower. Trabas has a photo, another closeup photo is available, Uğur Tunç has a photo, and Google has a satellite view. NGA lists a skeletal tower here. Located at the tip of a very sharp promontory about 8 km (5 mi) west of Çam Burnu. Site open, tower closed. TR-10160; Admiralty E5795; NGA 19452.
255097
Yalıköy North Breakwater x2
Yalıköy South Breakwater (2?)
2001. Active; focal plane 13 m (43 ft); green flash every 5 s. 11 m (36 ft) round concrete tower with gallery. Lighthouse painted white with a narrow green horizontal band. The light is at the left in a distant view by Hank van Es, and Google has a satellite view. NGA lists a skeletal tower. Located at the end of the breakwater at Yalıköy, a small port about 12 km (7.5 mi) east of Fatsa. TR-10163.5; Admiralty E5795.35; NGA 19453.1.
Yalıköy North Breakwater (2?)
2001. Active; focal plane 13 m (43 ft); continuous red light. 11 m (36 ft) square skeletal tower, painted white with a narrow red horizontal band. Trabas has a photo, and Google has a satellite view. The former light, a concrete tower, is at the right in a distant view by Hank van Es. Located at the end of the breakwater at Yalıköy, a small port about 12 km (7.5 mi) east of Fatsa. TR-10163; Admiralty E5795.3; NGA 19453.
255103
Ünye (Taşkana Burnu) (2)
* Ünye (Taşkana Burnu) (2)
Date unknown (station established 1911).Active; focal plane 19 m (62 ft); two white flashes every 6 s. 7.5 m (25 ft) round concrete tower with a flared top, centered on a square 1-story concrete equipment room. Lighthouse painted white with two narrow black horizontal bands. Trabas has a photo, Yasin Aydın has a good photo, and Google has a satellite view. Located on a promontory sheletering the harbor of Ünye. Site apparently open, tower closed. TR-10190; Admiralty E5798; NGA 19460.
255111
Çalti Burnu
Çalti Burnu
1961. Active; focal plane 17 m (56 ft); white flash every 5 s. 15 m (49 ft) square pyramidal skeletal tower, painted white. 1-story keeper's house painted white with a red tile roof. Trabas has a closeup photo, Bash has a Coastal Safety Directorate photo (2/3 the way down the page), and Google has a satellite view. Located on a cape about 7 km (4.5 mi) northeast of Terme. Site status unknown. TR-10200; Admiralty E5799; NGA 19464.
255114
Çiva Burnu (2)
Çiva Burnu (2)
Date unknown (station established 1880). Active; focal plane 23 m (75 ft); two white flashes every 10 s. 18 m (59 ft) round cylindrical concrete tower with gallery, painted white with two narrow black horizontal bands. Trabas has a photo, Bash has a Coastal Safety Directorate photo (2/3 the way down the page), and Google has a satellite view. The original light was a skeletal lighthouse, presumably similar to the surviving Bafra Burnu lighthouse (see below). Çiva Burnu (Cape Civa or Cape Mercury) is the wedge-shaped delta of the Yeşilırmak (Iris) River. Presently the river flows into the sea at the point of the cape. The lighthouse is 2.5 km (1.5 mi) southeast of the river mouth and about 30 km (19 mi) northeast of the city of Samsun. Site status unknown. ARLHS TUR-002; TR-10210; Admiralty E5800; NGA 19468.
255122
Samsun mole x2
Samsun North Mole
1959. Active; focal plane 15 m (49 ft); green flash every 2 s. 11 m (36 ft) round concrete tower. Lighthouse painted green with a narrow white horizontal band. Trabas has a photo, Ahmet Rasim has an aerial view showing both lighthouses, and Google has a satellite view. Located at the end of the north mole of Samsun harbor. Site status unknown. TR-10230; Admiralty E5802; NGA 19480.
Samsun East Mole
1959. Active; focal plane 13.5 m (45 ft); red flash every 5 s. 12 m (39 ft) round concrete tower. Lighthouse painted white with a narrow red horizontal band. Trabas has a photo showing this color pattern, and Savaş Köksal has a 2012 photo, but a 2010 photo shows the lighthouse painted red with a narrow white horizontal band. Google has a satellite view. The light was formerly all white, as seen in a 2008 view from the north mole. Located at the end of the east mole of Samsun harbor. Site status unknown. TR-10240; Admiralty E5803; NGA 19476.
255123
Samsun (replica)
Samsun (replica)
2008 (station established 1863). Active (?); focal plane about 16 m (52 ft); light characteristic, if any, unknown. Approx. 12 m (39 ft) octagonal cylindrical concrete tower with lantern and gallery, attached to a 1-story building. The lighthouse appears to be unpainted white concrete; the lantern roof is red. Muammer Ay has a closeup photo apparently taken in June 2008, a closeup is available, and Google has a satellite view. The lighthouse is part of an extensive beach redevelopment project being undertaken by the city of Samsun; there is a photo of the lighthouse under construction (a little less than halfway down the page). The lighthouse appears to be a replica of the original lighthouse as seen in a postcard view posted by Klaus Huelse. That lighthouse disappeared sometime in the 1930s or 1940s. Located near the base of the Samsun North Mole. Site open, tower status unknown.
255135
İncir Burnu
İncir Burnu
2008. Active; focal plane 15 m (49 ft); three white flashes every 12 s. 12 m (39 ft) square pyramidal skeletal tower, painted white. Trabas has a photo, and Bing has a cloudy satellite view. Located on the beach about 50 km (30 mi) northwest of Samsun. Site status unknown. TR-10260; Admiralty E5805; NGA 19492.
255136
Bafra Burnu
* Bafra Burnu
1880. Active; focal plane 25 m (82 ft); white flash every 5 s. 23 m (75 ft) hexagonal pyramidal cast iron skeletal tower with lantern, gallery, enclosed 2-story watch room, and central cylinder. Lighthouse painted white with one black horizontal band. This is a staffed station, and the keepers must wind the rotating mechanism every 3 hours. A photo is at right, Trabas has a good photo, there's a distant view, the Coastal Safety Directorate has the history of the station, and Google has a good satellite view. The lighthouse was prefabricated in France. Bafra Burnu is the cape formed by the delta of the Kızılırmak (Irmak or Halys River). Turkey's longest river, the Kızılırmak drains a large part of central Anatolia. Located about 1 km (0.6 mi) southwest of the river's mouth near Sahilkent, about 20 km (13 mi) north of Bafra. Site apparently open, tower closed. TR-10270; Admiralty E5806; NGA 19496.
255137
Gerze (Köşk Burnu)
Gerze (Köşk Burnu)
1944. Active; focal plane 15 m (49 ft); two white flashes every 3 s. 6 m (20 ft) round concrete tower with double gallery and four ribs. The lighthouse is white with two narrow black horizontal bands. Trabas has a closeup photo, another photo is available, C. Tosun also has a photo, and Google has a satellite view. Located on a sharp promontory that shelters the harbor of Gerze, about 25 km (15 mi) south of Sinop. Site open, tower closed. TR-10280; Admiralty E5807; NGA 19508.
255138
Sinop (Boztepe Burnu)
Sinop (Boztepe Burnu)
1863. Active; focal plane 107 m (351 ft); two white flashes every 15 s. 4 m (13 ft) lantern mounted on a concrete pedestal and attached to the seaward side of a small 1-story concrete keeper's house. Entire lighthouse is white. Trabas has a photo, Bash has a Coastal Safety Directorate photo (halfway down the page), and Bing has an indistinct satellite view. This might be the original lighthouse covered by stucco. Boztepe Burnu is a promontory, shaped rather like a turkey's head, that protects the harbor of Sinop, one of the oldest ports of Turkey's Black Sea coast. Located at the tip of the promontory. Accessible by road. Site status unknown. TR-10290; Admiralty E5808; NGA 19512.
255140
İnce Burun (Sinop)
İnce Burun (Sinop)
1863. Active; focal plane 26 m (85 ft); four white flashes every 20 s. 12 m (39 ft) masonry tower with lantern and gallery, attached to a 1-story masonry keeper's house. The upper portion of the tower is octagonal and the lower portion is square. Entire lighthouse painted white. Three additional keeper's houses or other light station buildings. A photo by Nurettin Mert Aydin is at right, Trabas has a photo, Kerim Arli has a good 2007 photo, Okan Çalış has a photo, and Google has a satellite view of the station. This lighthouse stands on the northernmost point of Turkey. Note: Turkey has several other lights named İnce Burun (Sharp Cape). Located on the point of the cape, about 25 km (15 mi) west northwest of Sinop. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS TUR-005; TR-10310; Admiralty E5810; NGA 19532.
255141
Usta Burnu (Ayancık)
Usta Burnu (Ayancık)
1963. Active; focal plane 29 m (87 ft); white flash every 5 s. 6 m (20 ft) square pyramidal skeletal tower mounted atop a square 1-story concrete equipment room. Trabas has a photo, but Google's satellite view does not show the tower, which may be hidden in shadows. Located on a prominent cape at Çaylıoğlu, about 8 km (5 mi) west of Ayancık. Site status unknown. TR-10320; Admiralty E5811; NGA 19536.
255142
Görele
255143
Tirebolu 2x
255144
Çam Burnu
255145
Piraziz
261527
İnebolu North Breakwater
İnebolu North Breakwater
1953. Active; focal plane 13.5 m (45 ft); green flash every 3 s. 7 m (23 ft) round concrete tower, painted white. Trabas has a photo, and Bash has a Coastal Safety Directorate photo (nearly halfway down the page), but Google's satellite view does not reveal the tower. Located at the end of the north (outer) breakwater of İnebolu. Site status unknown. TR-10340; Admiralty E5813; NGA 19548.
261528
İnebolu (2)
İnebolu (2)
Date unknown (station established 1863). Active; focal plane 38 m (125 ft); white flash every 10 s. 9 m (30 ft) round cylindrical concrete tower with gallery and four ribs. Entire lighthouse is white. Trabas has a closeup photo, Bash has a Coastal Safety Directorate photo (nearly halfway down the page), and Bing has an indistinct satellite view. Located on a promontory overlooking the harbor of İnebolu. Site status unknown. TR-10330; Admiralty E5812; NGA 19544.
261529
Kerempe Burnu
Kerempe Burnu
1885. Active; focal plane 82 m (269 ft); one long (2 s) white flash every 20 s. 8 m (26 ft) round stone tower attached to the front of a 1-story stone keeper's house. Entire lighthouse painted white. A photo by İsmail Refik Görgülü is at right, Trabas has a photo, G. Arslan has a 2008 closeup, the lighthouse appears on a postage stamp, and Google has a satellite view. This lighthouse is on a mountainous cape, at the top of a cliff about 250 m (800 ft) from the shore. Located about 8 km (5 mi) west of Doğanyurt. Accessible by road. Site apparently open, tower closed. ARLHS TUR-007; TR-10370; Admiralty E5816; NGA 19556.
261534
Cide Limanı (South Breakwater)
* Cide Limanı (South Breakwater)
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 9 m (30 ft); green flash every 5 s. 8 m (26 ft) round cylindrical concrete tower, painted white with a narrow green horizontal band. Trabas has a photo, a view from the north breakwater is available, and Google has a fuzzy satellite view. Located on the south breakwater at Cide. Accessible by walking the pier. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E5816.6; NGA 19568.
261543
Kurucaşile
* Kurucaşile
1963. Active; focal plane 41 m (135 ft); white flash every 3 s. 8 m (26 ft) round white concrete tower. Trabas has a photo, and Google has a satellite view. Located on a promontory just west of the harbor of Kurucaşile. Site open, tower closed. TR-10377; Admiralty E5816.7; NGA 19572.
261549
Amasra South Breakwater
Amasra South Breakwater
1961. Active; focal plane 14 m (46 ft); red flash every 6 s. 10 m (33 ft) round hourglass-shaped steel tower, painted white with a narrow red horizontal band. Trabas has a photo, another photo is available, and Google has a satellite view. Located at the end of the south (really the east) breakwater. Site and tower closed. Admiralty E5818; NGA 19580.
261556
Amasra North Breakwater
* Amasra North Breakwater
1961. Active; focal plane 14 m (46 ft); green flash every 6 s. 10 m (33 ft) round hourglass-shaped steel tower, painted white with a narrow green horizontal band. Trabas has a photo, Safek Tortu has a photo, and Google has a satellite view. Located at the end of the north breakwater; accessible by walking the mole. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E5817.5; NGA 19584.
261559
Amasra
Amasra
1863. Active; focal plane 77 m (253 ft); white flash every 10 s. 7.5 m (25 ft) lantern mounted at the seaward end of a 1-story masonry keeper's house. A 2008 photo is at right, Trabas has a photo, and the lighthouse is seen in a Google satellite view. This light is a sibling of the Sinop lighthouse. Amasra is a small port about 15 km (9 mi) northeast of the city of Bartın. Located atop a cliff on the north side of a steep-sided island northwest of Amasra harbor. Site status unknown. Admiralty E5817; NGA 19576.
261569
Bartın Limani North Breakwater
Bartın Limani North Breakwater
1965. Active; focal plane 10 m (33 ft); two red flashes every 5 s. 7 m (23 ft) round cylindrical concrete tower with gallery. The lighthouse is unpainted white concrete with two narrow red horizontal bands. Trabas has a photo, both breakwater lights are seen in Ilgar Agayev's sunset photo, and the lighthouse is seen in a Google satellite view. Located at the end of the north breakwater of Bartın harbor, 12 km (7.5 mi) northwest of the city. Site and tower closed. TR-10395; Admiralty E5818.5; NGA 19592.
261574
Bartın Limani South Breakwater
Bartın Limani South Breakwater
1965. Active; focal plane 10 m (33 ft); three green flashes every 10 s. 8 m (26 ft) round cylindrical concrete tower with gallery. Entire lighthouse is unpainted white concrete. Bash has a Coastal Safety Directorate photo (1/3 the way down the page), both breakwater lights are seen in Ilgar Agayev's sunset photo, and the lighthouse is seen in a Google satellite view. Located at the end of the south breakwater of Bartın harbor. Site and tower closed. TR-10396; Admiralty E5818.6; NGA 19596.
261580
Demirli Burnu
Demirli Burnu
1965. Active; focal plane 70 m (230 ft); two white flashes every 6 s. 10 m (33 ft) round cylindrical concrete tower with gallery. Entire lighthouse is unpainted white concrete. Trabas has a photo, Bash has a Coastal Safety Directorate photo (1/3 the way down the page), and the lighthouse is seen in a Google satellite view. Located on a promontory on the south side of Bartın harbor, 12 km (7.5 mi) northwest of the city. Site and tower closed. TR-10394; Admiralty E5818.4; NGA 19588.
261589
** Zonguldak (2)
** Zonguldak (2)
1920s (station established 1908). Active; focal plane 53 m (174 ft); white flash every 5 s. 9 m (30 ft) round masonry tower with lantern and gallery, attached to the seaward side of a 1-story keeper's house. Lighthouse painted white. Lokman Önsoy's photo is at right, Trabas has a photo, Ali Turner has a photo, the lighthouse appears on a postage stamp, and Google has a satellite view. The keeper's house is in use as a restaurant . Turkish Wikipedia has a view of the town from the lighthouse, possibly taken from an adjacent city park. The original lighthouse was a wood tower. Zonguldak Province is Turkey's leading coal-mining area, although production has declined in recent years. Located on a high promontory at the northeast entrance to Zonguldak harbor. Site open, restaurant open daily, tower closed. ARLHS TUR-057; TR-10410; Admiralty E5820; NGA
261590
Zonguldak North Breakwater
Zonguldak North Breakwater
2002. Active; focal plane 19 m (62 ft); red flash every 5 s. 12 m (39 ft) square skeletal tower mounted on a round, truncated conical stone tower. The tower is unpainted except the concrete gallery rail is painted red. Trabas has a photo, Serkan Şeşen has a photo, another photo is available, and Google has an indistinct satellite view. Huelse has a historic postcard view of an earlier light at this harbor entrance. Located at the end of the north breakwater of Zonguldak harbor. Site status unknown. TR-10420; Admiralty E5823.5; NGA 19624.
261591
Zonguldak West Breakwater
Zonguldak West Breakwater
2002. Active; focal plane 16 m (52 ft); green flash every 5 s. 10 m (33 ft) square skeletal tower mounted on a round, truncated conical stone tower. The tower is unpainted except the concrete gallery rail is painted green. Trabas has a photo, another photo is available, Bash has a Coastal Safety Directorate photo (1/4 the way down the page), and Google has a satellite view. Located at the end of the west breakwater of Zonguldak harbor. Site status unknown. TR-10430; Admiralty E5823.6; NGA 19620.
261592
Ölüce Burnu
Ölüce Burnu
1863. Active; focal plane 78 m (256 ft); two white flashes every 10 s. 9 m (30 ft) round tower, attached to the seaward end of a keeper's house. Lighthouse painted white. Trabas has a photo, David Lianez has a 2010 photo, Mustafa Kilic has a closeup of the lantern and lens, and the lighthouse is easy to find in a Google satellite view. Located on Mount Kestaneci, a prominent cape about 3 km (2 mi) north of Ereğli. Site status unknown; Kilic's photo suggests that the lighthouse can be viewed from nearby. ARLHS TUR-044; TR-10470; Admiralty E5826; NGA 19632.
261593
Sakarya Nehri (Sakarya River)
* Sakarya Nehri (Sakarya River)
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 9 m (30 ft); white flash every 3 s. 8 m (26 ft) square skeletal tower mounted atop a square 1-story concrete equipment shelter. Entire lighthouse is white. Trabas has a photo, a 2009 photo is available, and Google has a satellite view. Located on the east side of the river entrance at Sakarya (not on the west side as listed by NGA). Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E5829.5; NGA 19660.
261594
Kefken Adası (Kefkenada) (2)
* Kefken Adası (Kefkenada) (2)
Date unknown (station established 1879). Active; focal plane 24 m (79 ft); three white flashes every 15 s. 10 m (33 ft) octagonal cylindrical white concrete observation tower with a flared top and double gallery. Fog horn (two blasts every 20 s). A Coast Guard station adjoins the lighthouse. A closeup photo is at right, Trabas has a photo, Özözlü has a distant photo (last photo in third row), another view from the sea is available, and Google has a satellite view. The history of this station is not well known; a 1920 light list describes the light as a 7 m (23 ft) metal column. One of the few islands on Turkey's Black Sea coast, Kefken is located off Kefken Burnu, a prominent cape about 50 km (30 mi) east of Şile. Site of a 14th century Genoese fortress, the island is a tourist attraction. Boat transportation to the island is available. Located near the west end of the island, overlooking the island's harbor. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS TUR-058; TR-10510; Admiralty E5830; NGA 19664.
261595
Ağva North Breakwater
Ağva North Breakwater
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 7 m (23 ft); red flash every 3 s. 5 m (17 ft) round white concrete tower with a narrow red horizontal band. Trabas has a photo, Ömer Önüt has a photo, and Bing has a satellite view. Located on a short breakwater on the north side of the entrance to the Yeşilçay River. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E5831.4; NGA 19677.
261596
Ağva South Breakwater
Ağva South Breakwater
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 7 m (23 ft); green flash every 3 s. 5 m (17 ft) round white concrete tower with a narrow green horizontal band. Trabas has a photo, and Bing has a satellite view. Located on a short breakwater at the entrance to the Yeşilçay River at Ağva, a resort town 38 km (24 mi) east of Şile. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E5831.42; NGA 19678.
261597
Şile (Şile Burnu)
Şile (Şile Burnu)
1859. Active; focal plane 60 m (197 ft); one long (1.5 s) white flash every 15 s. 19 m (62 ft) octagonal stone tower with lantern and gallery, attached to a 1-story stone keeper's house. Tower painted white with narrow black horizontal bands. This is a staffed station, and the keepers still wind the mechanism rotating the light. A photo appears at the top of this page, and Trabas has a fine closeup; in addition, a 2005 photo, a black-and-white closeup photo, and a distant view are available, the Coastal Safety Directorate has the history of the station, and Bing has a satellite view. Michel Forand has a historic photo showing the lighthouse without the black bands. Cape Şile is the first prominent cape east of İstanbul on Turkey's Black Sea coast. Built by French engineers under contract to the Ottoman Empire, the lighthouse is one of Turkey's best known and most beautiful. The station has been designated a National Historic Landmark. Located on the point of the cape on the east side of the town of Şile. Site open, tower listed by the Coastal Safety Directorate as open to visitors. ARLHS TUR-046; Admiralty E5832; NGA 19680.
261598
Şile Limani (North Mole) (2)
* Şile Limani (North Mole) (2)
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 13 m (43 ft); red flash every 3 s. 8 m (26 ft) round white concrete tower. Ethem Tolga has a photo, Trabas has a photo, and Google has a satellite view. Located at the end of the north (main) breakwater of Şile harbor. Accessible by walking the pier. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E5832.4; NGA 19684.
261599
Rumeli (Türkeli) (2)
Rumeli (Türkeli) (2)
1856 (station established 1830). Active; focal plane 58 m (190 ft); two white flashes every 12 s. 30 m (98 ft) 2-stage octagonal stone tower with lantern and gallery, painted white. An octagonal control tower in front of the lighthouse monitors ship traffic entering the Bosporus from the Black Sea. Kent Spillner's photo is at right, Özözlü has a good photo, Trabas has Capt. Peter's view from the strait, an excellent 2008 closeup is available, the Coastal Safety Directorate has the history of the station, and Google has a satellite view. This is Turkey's tallest lighthouse and a masterpiece of Ottoman lighthouse architecture. Rumeli (or Rumelia) is an old name for the Turkish possessions in Europe, and this lighthouse stands on the west (Rumelian or Thracian) side of the entrance to the Bosporus from the Black Sea. Lights were shown from this location as early as the 16th century. During the Crimean War (1853-56), the Ottoman Empire granted Britain and France a 100-year concession to build and operate a lighthouse here. During early phases of construction, the French builders discovered that the chosen site is on top of an ancient mausoleum. They revised their plans to allow access to the mausoleum, which remains open today. The 100-year concession was cancelled by Turkey's republican government in 1933. Located in the village of Rumelifeneri. Site open; the tower is listed by the Coastal Safety
261600
Dikili Tas (Dikilikaya, Rumeli Kavaği)
Dikili Tas (Dikilikaya, Rumeli Kavaği)
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 9 m (30 ft); two green flashes every 10 s. 9 m (30 ft) round hourglass-shaped tower, painted white with two narrow green horizontal bands, mounted on a concrete pier. Trabas has a photo, and Bing has an indistinct satellite view. This light marks the point where the strait narrows for southbound vessels to a width of about 1500 m (0.9 mi). Located off the west side of the strait at the village of Rumeli Kavaği. Accessible only by boat. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E4955; NGA 17484.
261601
Büyükdere
Büyükdere
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 12 m (39 ft); three green flashes every 15 s. 9 m (30 ft) round hourglass-shaped tower, painted white with one narrow green horizontal band. Trabas has Capt. Peter's photo, and Bing has a distant satellite view. Located in Büyükdere, a town just north of Serıyer on the west side of the strait. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E4952; NGA 17468.
261602
Kireç Burnu (Kireçburnu)
* Kireç Burnu (Kireçburnu)
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 11 m (36 ft); three green flashes every 15 s. 9 m (30 ft) round hourglass-shaped tower, painted white with three narrow green horizontal bands, mounted on a concrete pier. Trabas has Capt. Peter's photo, and Bing has a distant satellite view. This light marks a wide turn in the course of the strait. Located on the waterfront of Kireç Burnu, a town at the northern edge of İstanbul. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E4950; NGA 17452.
261603
İstinye
İstinye
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 14 m (46 ft); two green flashes every 10 s. 10 m (33 ft) round hourglass-shaped tower, painted white with green horizontal bands. Trabas has Capt. Peter's photo, and Bing has a distant satellite view. Located on a promontory on the west side of the strait at İstinye, opposte Pasabahce. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E4949; NGA 17436.
261604
??? Balta Limanı
Balta Limanı
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 12 m (39 ft); green flash every 3 s. 10 m (33 ft) round hourglass-shaped fiberglass tower. Lighthouse painted white with one narrow green horizontal band. Capt. Peter has a good photo, and Google has a satellite view. Located on the west side of the Bosporus in the Baltalimanı neighborhood, north of the Sultan Mehmet Bridge. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E4947; NGA 17424.
261605
Aşiyan Burnu
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 12 m (39 ft); three green flashes every 15 s. 10 m (33 ft) round hourglass-shaped fiberglass tower. Lighthouse painted white with three narrow green horizontal bands. Capt. Peter has a good photo (also seen at right), and Google has a satellite view. An earlier light, still listed by NGA, was mounted on the wall of a nearby fortress. Located on the west side of the Bosporus at a pronounced bend in the channel in the Aşiyan neighborhood. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E4946; NGA 17420.
261606
Arnavutköy (Akıntı Burnu)
Arnavutköy (Akıntı Burnu)
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 11 m (36 ft); green flash every 3 s. 9 m (30 ft) round hourglass-shaped fiberglass tower with gallery. Lighthouse painted white with one narrow green horizontal band. Capt. Peter has a good photo (taken before the gallery was added) and Google has a satellite view. Located on the west side of the Bosporus in the Arnavutköy neighborhood, halfway between the Boğaziçi and Sultan Mehmet bridges. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E4940; NGA 17408.
261607
Salıpazarı Wharf
Salıpazarı Wharf
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 13 m (43 ft); three green flashes every 10 s. 10 m (33 ft) round hourglass-shaped fiberglass tower. Lighthouse painted white with three narrow green horizontal bands. Capt. Peter has a good photo, and Google has a satellite view. Located on a small wharf on the west side of the Bosporus opposite the Kız Kulesi (Maiden's Tower; see Northwestern Anatolia). Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E4903.7; NGA 17388.
261608
Ahırkapı (2)
Ahırkapı (2)
1857 (station established 1755). Active; focal plane 36 m (118 ft); white flash every 6 s. 26 m (85 ft) round stone tower with lantern and gallery, attached to a 1-story stone keeper's house. Lighthouse painted white with one narrow black horizontal band. Julian Kücklich's photo appears at the top of this page, Koehler has a good photo, Lightphotos.net has a photo, Capt. Peter has a view from the water, the Coastal Safety Directorate has the history of the station, and Google has a satellite view. This lighthouse stands on the west side of the entrance to the Bosporus from the Sea of Marmara. Sultan Osman III ordered a lighthouse built here in 1755 after witnessing the rescue of seamen from a wrecked galleon. Located on the land side of the waterfront boulevard, the Kennedy Caddesi, on Ahırkapı Burnu. ARLHS TUR-056; Admiralty E4903; NGA 17340.
261609
Ataköy (Bakırköy) Marina
Ataköy (Bakırköy) Marina
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 13 m (43 ft); red flash every 3 s. 11 m (36 ft) mast atop a 2-story pierhead restaurant. A photo is available, Inanc Kucukosmanoglu has a view from the sea, and Bing has a satellite view. Located on the breakwater pier of the Ataköy marina in the Bakırköy neighborhood of southwestern İstanbul, about 5 km (3 mi) east of the Yeşilköy lighthouse. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E4902.5; NGA 17105.
261610
Yeşilköy (Agios Stefanos, St. Stefanos)
Yeşilköy (Agios Stefanos, St. Stefanos)
1856. Active; focal plane 23 m (75 ft); white flash every 10 s. 18 m (59 ft) octagonal stone tower centered on a 1-story octagonal keeper's house. Lighthouse painted white. Özözlü has a good photo showing how a skyscraper overshadows the lighthouse today, Ziyaşen Martıuçurtma also has a photo, Huelse has a historic postcard view, the Coastal Safety Directorate has the history of the station, and Bing has a satellite view. This lighthouse serves as a landfall light for vessels arriving in İstanbul from the Sea of Marmara. Located at the end of the Fener Yolu Caddesi in Yeşilköy, about 12 km (7.5 mi) southwest of downtown İstanbul, near the international airport. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS TUR-055; Admiralty E4902; NGA 17104.
261626
Kava (Kaba) Burnu (3
Kava (Kaba) Burnu (3) (?)
2013 (station established 1896). Active; focal plane 15 m (49 ft); three red flashes every 10 s. 12 m (39 ft) round white concrete tower with gallery. The 1955 lighthouse, a 7 m (23 ft) skeletal tower atop a square 1-story concrete keeper's house, was removed as construction began on the İzmit Bay Bridge. No photo available, but Google has a satellite view. Located on a promontory on the north side of the Gulf of Izmit, directly opposite Dil Burnu. Site status unknown. Admiralty E4926; NGA 17255.
261627
Yelkenkaya Burnu (1)
Yelkenkaya Burnu (1)
1896. Reactivated (?); white flash every 15 s. 15 m (49 ft) round masonry tower with lantern and gallery, attached to the seaward end of a 1-story masonry keeper's house. Entire lighthouse painted white. Trabas has a photo, Habib Atınç has a view from the sea, and Google has an indistinct satellite view. Atınç's photo, taken in 2007, shows a white skeletal tower in front of the historic lighthouse, and presumably the active light was on the skeletal tower at that time. An Admiralty notice in December 2013 described the light as being in the historic tower. This lighthouse marks the north side of the entrance to the Gulf of İzmit, a narrow eastward arm of the Sea of Marmara. The house is clearly in use, but we do not know for what purpose. Located on a prominent cape about 3 km (2 mi) west of Darica. Site status unknown, possibly open. ARLHS TUR-054; Admiralty E4922; NGA 17284.
261629
Pendik South Breakwater
Pendik South Breakwater
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 6 m (20 ft); green flash every 5 s. 10 m (33 ft) octagonal cylindrical concrete tower, painted white. Trabas has a photo, Kasım Oktay has a view from the sea, and Google has a satellite view. Located on the south breakwater at Pendik, about 25 km (15 mi) southeast of İstanbul. Site status unknown, possibly open. Admiralty E4916.2; NGA 17296.
261630
Fenerbahçe (Fenerbaçe, Fener Burnu, Seraglio Point)
Fenerbahçe (Fenerbaçe, Fener Burnu, Seraglio Point)
1856. Active; focal plane 25 m (82 ft); two long (1.5 s) white flashes every 12 s. 20 m (66 ft) 2-stage round cylindrical stone tower with double gallery, painted white. Fog siren (blast every 60 s). A photo by Bahadır Ölmez is at right, Trabas has a photo, Özözlü has a good photo, Ahmet Tanju has a closeup, another photo is available (third lighthouse on the page), Huelse has a historic postcard view, the Coastal Safety Directorate has the history of the station, and Google has a satellite view. Fener Bahçe means "Lighthouse Garden." Located on an island, separated from the mainland by only a narrow channel, near the end of the Fener Kalamis Caddesi about 1.5 km (1 mi) south of Kadıköy. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS TUR-021; Admiralty E4910; NGA 17328.
261632
Kadıköy Breakwater
Kadıköy Breakwater
1977. Active; focal plane 14 m (46 ft); white light, 2 s on, 2 s off. 11 m (36 ft) round concrete tower with a square enclosure at the top, painted white. A closeup photo is available, Trabas also has a closeup, Koehler has a good photo, Urho Kekkonen has a more distant view, and Bing has a satellite view. The square enclosure was added between 2006 and 2008. Located at the end of a short breakwater on the south side of Kadıköy harbor, just southeast of the entrance to the Bosporus. Accessible by walking the pier. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E4904.6; NGA 17360
261633
Haydarpaşa Inner Breakwater Southeast
Haydarpaşa Inner Breakwater Southeast
1963. Active; focal plane 15 m (49 ft); red flash every 2 s. 12 m (39 ft) round white concrete tower with a narrow red horizontal band, rising from a square 1-story stone base. Trabas has a photo, Can Balcı has a fine 2008 photo, and Bing has a satellite view. Located at the southern end of the detached Haydarpaşa breakwater, which shelters the commercial harbor on the Asiatic side of the entrance to the Bosporus. Accessible only by boat. Site and tower closed. ARLHS TUR-024; Admiralty E4906.2; NGA 17348.
261634
Haydarpaşa Inner Breakwater Northwest
Haydarpaşa Inner Breakwater Northwest
1963. Active; focal plane 13 m (49 ft); two green flashes every 6 s. 10 m (39 ft) steel post atop a round white concrete tower, rising from a square 1-story stone base. Trabas has a photo, and Bing has a satellite view. Located at the northern end of the detached Haydarpaşa breakwater. Accessible only by boat. Site and tower closed. Admiralty E4906; NGA 17344.
261635
Haydarpaşa Outer Breakwater Northwest
Haydarpaşa Outer Breakwater Northwest
1963 (?). Active; focal plane 15 m (49 ft); green flash every 2 s. 12 m (39 ft) round concrete tower, painted white with a narrow green horizontal band. Trabas has a photo, and Bing has a satellite view. Located at the northern end of the Haydarpaşa breakwater. Accessible only by boat. Site and tower closed. Admiralty E4904; NGA 17352.
261636
Kız Kulesi (Maiden's Tower, Leander's Tower)
Date unknown, but very old. Inactive. Approx. 23 m (75 ft) square cylindrical stone tower with a domed cupola, topped by a tall flagstaff. Adjacent to the historic building is an active light (focal plane 11 m (36 ft); flash every 3 s, red or white depending on direction) mounted on a 9 m (30 ft) square pyramidal concrete tower painted white with a narrow red horizontal band. This building has a long and complicated history. The first structure known to have been built here was a fortress built by the Athenian general Alcibiades in 408 BCE. Another fortress was built by the Byzantine emperor Alexius Comnenus in 1110 CE. The first record of a lighthouse dates from 1509, in the early Ottoman period. The present form of the tower results from reconstructions by the Ottoman emperors Mustafa III in 1763 and Mahmud II in 1832. The tower is the subject of several romantic legends, leading to its name as the Maiden's Tower (Kız Kulesi in Turkish). The oldest legend is the classic Greek tale of Leander and Hero, who supposedly met at this spot. In 1995 the Ministry of Tourism leased Maiden's Tower for 49 years to the Hamoğlu Holding Company, which agreed to restore the structures and open them to tourists. The restoration was completed in 2000. Today the building houses a museum and a popular restaurant. Located on an islet 200 m (220 yd) off the Asiatic shore at the southern entrance to the Bosporus. Accessible by passenger ferries from both sides of the strait.
261637
Çengelköy
Çengelköy
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 15 m (49 ft); three red flashes every 15 s. 13 m (43 ft) round hourglass-shaped fiberglass tower. Lighthouse painted white with three narrow red horizontal bands. Trabas has a photo, and Bing has an indistinct satellite view. For northbound ships the light marks the first sharp turn in the Bosporus, just north of the Boğaziçi (Bosporus) Bridge. Located on the waterfront on the east bank of the Bosporus in the Çengelköy neighborhood. Admiralty E4938.3; NGA 17400.
261641
Kandilli Burnu
Kandilli Burnu
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 27 m (89 ft); red flash every 3 s. Light mounted on a tower attached to the 2-story Bosporus Navigation Control building. Capt. Peter Mosselberger's photo is at right, Trabas has a photo, and Google has a satellite view. Located on a promontory at a sharp bend in the Bosporus in the Kandilli neighborhood., on the east bank of the Bosporus. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty E4944; NGA 17412.
261643
Kanlıca Burnu
Kanlıca Burnu
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 12 m (39 ft); two red flashes every 10 s. 11 m (36 ft) square skeletal tower, painted white. Trabas has Capt. Peter Mosselberger's photo, and Bing has an indistinct satellite view. Located on a prominent headland about 1.6 km (1 mi) north of the Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge. Site status unknown. Admiralty E4948; NGA 17428.
261644
Paşabahçe
Paşabahçe
1973. Active; focal plane 14 m (46 ft); three red flashes every 15 s. 12 m (39 ft) round hourglass-shaped tower, painted white. Located on a short pier at Paşabahçe, on the Asiatic side of the Bosporus about halfway between the Black Sea and downtown İstanbul. Trabas has a closeup photo, but the tower is elusive in Google's satellite view. Site status unknown (the light is in an industrial area that may be closed to the public). Admiralty E4949.4; NGA 17432.
261645
Selvi Burnu
Selvi Burnu
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 13 m (43 ft); two red flashes every 10 s. 12 m (39 ft) round hourglass-shaped metal tower, painted white. Trabas has a photo, and Google has a satellite view. Located on a prominent cape at Yalıköy, about 4 km (2.5 mi) northwest of Paşabahçe. Site status unknown. Admiralty E4949.7; NGA 17456.
261646
Anadolu (2)
Anadolu (2)
1856 (station established 1830). Active; focal plane 75 m (246 ft); one long (2 s) white flash every 20 s. 19 m (62 ft) round stone tower with lantern and gallery, painted white. 2-story masonry keeper's house; attached to the house is a slender round tower with gallery resembling a minaret. Pi István Tóth's photo is at the top of this page, Trabas has a closeup photo, another closeup is available, Özözlü has a distant photo, the Coastal Safety Directorate has a page with the history of the station, and Google has a satellite view. Anadolu is the Turkish name for Anatolia, and the lighthouse stands on the east (Anatolian) side of the entrance to the Bosporus from the Black Sea. Located on a high promontory above the village of Anadolufeneri. Site open, tower listed by the Coastal Safety Directorate as open to visitors. ARLHS TUR-014; Admiralty E4958; NGA 17508.
brak wystarczającej ilości ocen

Skomentuj

Zaloguj się, aby komentować i oceniać trasy
Rowerem po Roztoczu
Moja mapa 0